Monday, July 10, 2017

Kidnapper's Art Book and Gabriel Orozco

Aleathia:

Oh yeah, I have been doing something called the Kidnapper's Art Book since the end of May which has been helping me through my recent transition from being coupled to single but more importantly it has lead me back to something I love so much....collage. This is a daily project and I will start posting them here along with a new found artist (new to me).

Kidnapper's Art Book 7-10-2017 "Handled Properly" by Aleathia Drehmer




A FB friend of mine so kindly posted a cool thing that you can do through SF MOMA by sending them a text to 57251 with the words "send me___________" and you fill in the blank. It can be any reference, color, word, etc and they will pull you a painting generated by the request from their collection of over over 32,000 pieces.

I put in "collage" and they sent me Gabriel Orozco who not only does collage, but a wide variety of painting, photography, sculpture, and installation art which you can see some pieces at the SF MOMA site.  This is what they sent me:





No comments:

Post a Comment