Saturday, December 6, 2014

Quills and Frills-12/6/2014 Black Science

Aleathia says:

As you may know I have recently gotten back into the comic scene.  It was something I enjoyed as a kid and then again in my 20's.  I didn't read the usual fare, but enjoyed things like Night Breed and Wild Palms.  If it was dark and maybe on the fringe, I enjoyed it.  The 90's was a bit of a fade out for comics and then it was uncool to be a nerd for the longest time, but god damn if I'm not totally excited that the nerd nation has risen again!!



The problem I am having is there are so many damn awesome comics out right now that I can't catch up or keep up.  I am reading one now called Black Science.  It was created by Rick Remender with art by Matteo Scalera.  I am telling you.  I have no idea what the hell is going on in my brain when I read this.  There is science fiction and real science....dudes speaking in alien languages, German and English.  There is a breech in the time space continuum.  There is blood and guts and jaded love.




You can find this gem of a series on Image Comics.  Yes, I am an Image Comics whore at this point. They are producing some spectacular work.  I have loads more to read in the Black Science series as well as a ton of titles that my better half has squirreled away in the office.  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment