Monday, April 28, 2014

Music Mondays-4/28/2014 Fleetwood Mac, Flying Avocado Mixed Tape

Michelle says:

Song of the Week

So my ex and I had an eerily similar love for the same bands. Neither of us had encountered anyone else with the same favorites, American Analog Set, Broken Social Scene, Blonde Redhead. In the wake of any breakup, it's also best to avoid bands you came to like as a result of the union. Those are Tree People, Wooden Birds, High Highs, to name a few. So my music catalogue is currently a little facked in the options department. This song and performance came on my Simon and Garfunkl Pandora station and I'm diggin it. It makes me think of how I am on a new road.

Never Going Back Again



Aleathia says:

Oh man....music.  Isn't it the best?  I know that my life is a series of well orchestrated mixed tapes with each song laden in memory or some sense of feeling that moves me.  When I was in college (the first time) I was a DJ at the college radio station.  It was a hole in the wall....a place for the rejects...and it did not get any respect.  I wanted to change things so I ran for general manager and won.  Over my time there I brought in new equipment, got more students involved, and created a sense of community by involving other clubs with the radio.  I even had the president of the college listening to my Thursday morning jazz program.

My music taste has a multitude of origins.  My fiance is a consumptionist.  He devours a group at a time and really learns everything about them, learns every measure of every bar of music.  Me, I just listen and love the concept of blending songs that shouldn't go together.  I'm a music dabbler-a bit of this and a bit of that. So here is the first of many mixed tapes you will see from me:



1. Andrew Bird-Yawny At the Apocalypse
2. Songs: Ohia-Lightning Risked It All
3. Bonnie Prince Billy-Am I Demon?
4. The Shins-A Comet Appears
5. Florence and the Machine-My Boy Builds Coffins
6. Belle and Sebastian-I Want the World to Stop
7. Fugazi-Epic Problem
8. Ryan Adams-The Drugs Not Working
9. The Black Keys-Sinister Kid
10. Black Uruhu-Fire and Brimstone
11. Santogold-Creator
12. Thom Yorke-And It Rained All Night
13. She Wants Revenge-Disconnect
14. Mumford & Sons-After the Storm
15. The Punch Brothers-Welcome Home
16. Gregg Yeti and the Best Lights-The Girl with the Expiration Date
17. Ray LaMontagne and the Pariah Dogs-Devil's in the Jukebox
18. Calexico-Trigger
19. Johnny Cash-God's Gonna Cut You Down

No comments:

Post a Comment