Friday, January 30, 2015

Art Bomb-1/30/2015 Anselm Kiefer and a poem

Aleathia says:

On one of my trips a few summers ago to see some major art museums, I came across this piece by Anselm Kiefer that blew me away.  It inspired a poem out of me.  I think that is one of the best compliments that art can receive is when it builds the desire in another person to create in a reactionary fashion.  I like his work because it has deep meaning and when you see it in person you feel the depth of it with how thick the paint is on the canvas and the sheer enormity of the pieces.  I cried in front of this one.  No one else was there.  I think pieces like this scare people.  They are the ones I am drawn to.








Anselm Kiefer
Innenraum, 1981

Everything is buried here
hope
        imagination
                        wonder
                                  breath
                                           blood.

The killing is orderly
in direction
bone dust and burnt
flesh an amazing cloud
of putrid fallout
rising into the starred
                          scarred
                          barred
                       night.

All roads lead
to the black door.

Aleathia Drehmer 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment