Monday, January 19, 2015

Music Monday-1/19/2015 MLK Jr Tribute

Aleathia says:

I am generally not a very political person, at least not outwardly, because I feel more friends are lost on the stance of political beliefs.  It seems odd that we live in a country where we are "free" to believe what we want, yet there is still consequence attached to that freedom.  It may not be as large as in other countries.  We don't get stoned or shot or have our throats cut, but within our family and friend circles hatred and discontent can grow.

Most of my "friends" are very liberal.  I agree with them on some aspects.  I want people to have the freedoms that I have, but I don't want to pay for those not willing to lift themselves up and do hard work to make their own way in life.  I am for sexual, religious, and political freedoms.  I am not for the welfare state. I think it makes us weak as a country, weak as individuals.  I don't like government in all of my pockets telling me what to do.  I guess that makes me a Libertarian.  I am not sure what that means other than I am for personal freedom without heavy government.



Despite what I believe, I am here to honor Martin Luther King Jr for his willingness to stand up for people; to stand up for community and religion and equality.  His time in history of riddled with upheaval, but it was also a time when people were willing to stand up for what they believed in by demonstrating peacefully.  It seems so half hearted these days, so fly by night.  I suppose that is technology at work.  Enjoy this music lined tribute.


No comments:

Post a Comment