Saturday, January 10, 2015

Quills and Frills-1/10/2015 Mel Brooks

Aleathia says:

What better way to start a new year than with a Mel Brooks marathon.  Most of my life I have always identified with slapstick humor and innuendo.  I grew up loving Monty Python, Benny Hill, and anything with Gene Wilder in it.  I loved The Stooges and Laurel & Hardy.  I suppose in the end I just love to laugh.  It is the best medicine.  Whomever said that tapped into the true meaning of life. Having a good belly laugh can turn most bad days around if you let it.

Yesterday Michael was telling me about how different people are when they come in to get their developed photos.  In the pictures, they are laughing and smiling.  When they come in they are miserable, cantankerous, and tight mouthed to the point that he can't tell that they are the same people.  I think this era of living has lost a lot of its ability to laugh.  I think this is pretty damn sad, so in honor of that we will fill our own house with laughter.

On the plate today is a supreme line up to be watched in pajamas while a turkey roasts in the oven:











No comments:

Post a Comment