Monday, September 29, 2014

Music Monday-9/29/2014 Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga

Aleathia says:

Ok.  Another week wandering around FYE looking at new releases and hopefully finding something used that I can snatch up when I come across the duet album for Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga. Pause. REALLY?


Now this is an honest to goodness item in the store.  I am pretty hit or miss with Lady Gaga and on most days it is a miss to be honest.  It has been hard to really assess her talent behind all the get ups and stunts that she pulls.  Having said this, I have always loved Tony Bennett.  His voice so classic and smooth even in his later years.  He was a man born to sing.  I figured if he believed in the power of Gaga maybe she wasn't all bad.

I am floored at how much I love this album.  Seriously, Lady Gaga has a wonderful voice to belt out these classics and such a fun sounding nature with Tony Bennett.  I am definitely putting it on my Christmas list of things I want and that is saying a whole bunch.  I love the standards because I love singing which I don't do enough of anymore.  This might get me right back in the mood.  Here are a few videos that I could find of them together:


Lady is a Tramp:





Anything Goes:




I Can't Give You Anything But Love:



No comments:

Post a Comment