Monday, September 8, 2014

OM-9/7/2014 Loneliness

Aleathia says:



For some reason this week I've felt incredibly lonely.  I have had people around me that I love and who love me back, but I can't seem to shake that sense of being utterly alone.  I have turned to my faith for understanding or clarification of what is really going on.  Sometimes I put a recording in my head that isn't true or warranted.  This is an old habit of spinning the wheel and watching suffering turn and turn.  It is preventable though sometimes I let it happen for unknown reason.  It feels worse when I try to dig myself out of it for some reason so sitting still in the pain of it is often the best bet.

"Usually we regard loneliness as an enemy.  Heartache is not something we choose to invite in.  It's restless and pregnant and hot with the desire to escape and find something or someone to keep us company. When we can rest in the middle, we begin to have a nonthreatening relationship with loneliness, a relaxing and cooling loneliness that completely turns our usual fearful patterns upside down." --Pema Chodron "Loneliness"

No comments:

Post a Comment