Friday, March 6, 2015

3/6/2015 Sydney Long, painter

Aleathia says:

Ha.  I go and change the format and still end up posting art on Friday.  You may find that I post art most days with some literature, humanity, and music tossed in for fun.

I am an avid Pintrest idiot.  I LOVE it.  It is sort of like being Sherlock Holmes.  You click on one art piece you like and it leads you to more like it and so on.  There is a woman from Brazil who is apparently my doppleganger in the Pintrest world as we like nearly all the same sorts of things.  Even when I try not to pin what she has, I can't help but really, really like the things she brings to the table.

Today's artist comes from a Pintrest post.  I am learning of so many artists I never knew existed.  The art world is so vast and layered and unless you are an art history major it would be very difficult to know each movement and sub movements in all the countries.  My local library has art books but of the most famous which I am familiar.  It doesn't feed my need for new visuals.  So I am not ashamed to have found this lovely painter on a social media gathering place.  Please enjoy.



Sydney Long 1871-1955 was an Australian painter.  His works depicted the bounty of nature and the humans that lived among it.  His color palate and some of his style is Art Nouveau but not as succinct as say Mucha.  It is more ethereal and hazy and dreamy.  If you would like to read about his education and awards then have at his link, but my main purpose is to present the visual beauty that is his work.


"Sadder Than a Single Star that Sets at Twilight"



"Fantasy"


"Pan"


"Spirit of the Plains"


"Old Sydney"


"The West Wind"


"Flamingoes"


"Harborside Figure"


No comments:

Post a Comment