Thursday, March 5, 2015

STOP!! HAMMER TIME!- 3/5/2015

Aleathia says:

Every once in awhile I wake up.  I'm not talking the open your eyes in the morning, but really WAKING UP.  I love those moments when I learn something about myself that has been staring me in the face for nearly a year.



I started this blog in a time of great grief and despair.  Everything required very detailed organization. Only certain types of information could be shared on this day or that day and a post needed to happen every day.  I invited people to join me but under these strict, overbearing guidelines. As the months have moved forward I have started to wonder why no one is posting anymore, even me.

Some days I find a great piece of art or hear a song that gets my groove going and think "hell, I can't post this because it isn't Art Bomb Friday".  Really? REALLY?

What I realized was that I was trying to be creative whilst also trying to keep myself from falling apart.  But now that I feel like I have a grasp on the grief I experienced I am looking at this blog space in a completely different way.  By restricting information to certain days I was stifling not only my creativity but those I had invited.  I thank goodness that those people still talk to me and hopefully don't think I am a wicked control freak.  I mean....they wouldn't be ALL wrong.

So from this point forward The Forked Road is just going to be a collection of cool shit that people think of.  There are no bounds to it, no rules, no strict Berlin Wall to scale to have a little blog dog fun.

Welcome to the new and improved, totally free for all Forked Road.  Here is to hoping my blogmates jump back in the game.  Sorry for being a dictator.  Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment