Friday, June 6, 2014

Art Bomb-6/6/2014

Aleathia says:

Hello.  I have started a new series of photographs that look at the back of people's homes in a small town. The town of Corning has roughly 12,000 people and it has the most alleyways I have ever seen.  They are even named.  So on my many walks with the dog I started thinking about how people will put their best foot forward when showing off the front of their homes, but what do the backs look like?

This first volume of photos covers a lane called Cintra between the cross streets of Field Street and Lexington Street.  This photo essay could be continued for years (yes, there are that many alleys in this city) and they will change in nature over the seasons.  I believe it shows the true side of people, not just the face they keep up for the neighborhood.



No comments:

Post a Comment