Sunday, June 22, 2014

OM-6/22/2014 Suffering and Happiness

Aleathia says:


"Suffering and Happiness" by the Dalai Lama

"We are each the center of our own universe.  We establish east, west, north, and south, as well as up and down, all in relation to our own location.  The self can be seen as the fundamental framework by which we understand and relate to the whole of existence.

Suffering, which we can think of as our own individual samsara, and happiness, which is our freedom from that suffering, stem ultimately from our notion of self.  My suffering results from my indulgence in self-centered behavior.  And that behavior propels me to act in ways that cause me more suffering.  I seem to go round and round within the cycle of rebirths which constitute my samsara.  My pursuit of happiness arises from my wish to be free from suffering."

No comments:

Post a Comment