Monday, June 16, 2014

Music Monday-6/16/2014

Aleathia says:

I had the distinct pleasure of seeing The Charlie Daniels Band and Hank Williams Jr. this weekend at a local outdoor venue called TAGS.  It was a bitch to get into and littered with more full-tilt drunk rednecks than one person needs collected in one place, but it was damn worth it.  Charlie is nearly 80 and Hank in his mid 60's and they smoked it harder than some younger bands I have seen.

We heard this little gem during The Charlie Daniels Band set.  It's called Black Ice.  Very unusual to hear at a country concert, but tickled my fancy.




Best part was I celebrated over 9 months sober with my honey.  It wasn't a road we thought we'd go down, but life has been pretty great since then.  If you get a chance to see these guys, do it.  Great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment