Friday, August 29, 2014

Art Bomb-8/29/2014 Franz Von Stuck

Aleathia says:

Recently I saw a post roll by on my friend Beto Palaio's Facebook page of an artist named Franz Von Stuck.  This artist is pretty intense.



Franz Von Stuck (1863-1928) was a German Symbolist/Art Nouveau painter, sculptor, engraver, and architect.


He designed beautiful engraved door plates like this one.



Von Stuck also worked in plaster casting.  His most memorable being this one of Beethoven and another of Medusa.



This painting of Frau Feez is what really caught my eye at the time. I just love the sensual look on her face and her bedroom eyes.  I like the circular framing inside the square and the tender softness of her appearance.  Much of the other work that I looked up is very dark and menacing, but has merit as well.  Take some time and look Franz Von Stuck up for a larger selection.




No comments:

Post a Comment