Sunday, August 31, 2014

OM-8/31/2014 High Expectations, Failed Perspective

Aleathia says:



I realized this morning after a long, hard night at work that I can only do as much as I can do.  I place a lot of expectations on myself to be the best that I can be.  This leaves me with a severe character sometimes and basically makes me "unfun".  I think I put these expectations on my 12 year old and in some way it doesn't allow her to be a kid when she needs to most.

The tween years of childhood have been difficult for me.  She is distant and then close.  I am important but not important.  I am confused.  There is no straight lines to draw, no dots to connect and this is hard on a person with expectations of herself.  Sometimes I will just have to let go and leave it to the hands of fate and keep a watchful eye knowing I may not be able to control the situation.

In the end most everything works itself out.  I have to believe this.  I have to remember this or I will live out my days in anxiety and a self-imposed misery that does not need to be there.  Basically, shit happens.  I have to learn to step over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment