Sunday, August 10, 2014

OM-8/10/2014 Letting Loose

Aleathia says:




Last night under a full super moon, I went dancing with Michael at a local venue's 22nd birthday party.  It was invitation only which meant you had to be given tickets or win tickets.  Michael won tickets on Facebook so he took me out for a night.

It was just what I needed.  I had not been dancing since the last time I went to a Grateful Dead Concert or somewhere in that time when I lived in Seattle.  I left there in 2001.  That is a lot of years of no dancing.  I had forgotten how freeing it is to the spirit to shake a tail feather.

We enjoyed the sounds of a Jimmy Buffett cover band.  It was full of island sounds of not only Buffett but also Bob Marley and Harry Belafonte.  People were decked out in Hawaiian shirts, sandals, and crazy parrot hats.  Everyone wore leis or LED flashing jewelry.  There were young and old there.  Everyone having a great time.

For me personally it was nice to just not care about anything and feel the groove of the music.  I need to do more of that.  My life has been pretty straight edge and serious for the last year.  It is time to get back to living and laughing and making it all count.

No comments:

Post a Comment