Thursday, August 7, 2014

Foodies-8/7/2014 Gluten Free Woes

Aleathia says:

It is hard to think about food today.  Last week we went off of our gluten free diet to see if there really was any distress that was caused by food.  We went off of it because we felt like we were eating prison house meals all the time.  In essence....it got boring.  It felt so restrictive to have to read and inspect every label.

We ate pizza.  Real honest to goodness NY style thin crust pizza.  It didn't stop there.  Donuts, fresh baked bread, banana bread, bagels, and anything else we had not eaten in almost 2 years.  At first we didn't have any reaction. We thought we were in the clear and so started grocery shopping without limits.



Today, after a week of eating gluten I feel like shit.  I'm bloated and have gas and nausea all the time.  My joints ache like they haven't in years.  I'm tired without doing anything.  I feel like I have allergies and post nasal drip all the time.  The only thing that changed was gluten.

DAMN IT!!!

Food with gluten is sexy, but feeling like I am on the verge of cholera all the time is not.  It isn't worth those devilishly devine foods.  Mike quit eating foods with gluten 2 days before me and reports that he feels "great".  Bastard.  I was so hoping to roll around in a room full of Boston Creme Donuts and eat my way out.  Sigh.  Damn this old body.

No comments:

Post a Comment