Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Let's Go Somewhere-8/5/2014 Canandaigua KOA

Aleathia says:

We do a lot of writing about going places around here.  Always leaving, always going away.  These days I have not done as much traveling as I would like, but this half of the year will see that changing.

What is summer without camping?  Last year we camped our brains out, but with having a 100 pound Husky who doesn't tolerate the heat, it makes going into the woods a bit more difficult.  So old Marshall is going to stay at my friend's kennel for a few days while we head out.



Now it won't be down and dirty camping.  I'm old and I can't stand listening to the kid gripe about how boring the woods are.  She is happiest with a computer in her face, but I try like hell to get her outside into the world.  The compromise was spending a little extra to stay at a KOA.  She seems like she is dreading camping, but she has never enjoyed the wonders of KOA.  I think I may have stayed in one only once as a kid.  There is mini golf, a swimming pool, game room, movie room, and bike and boat rentals.  What is not to love?  I'm not a kid and I LOVE that.



I guess it is just the age, or just my kid being lame sometimes, but I always loved camping at her age.  I loved the silence of it, the solitary moments, and the opportunity to meet people I would never see again.  It is the perfect recipe for fun.  So here is to the end of summer.  Grab your sleeping bag and tent.  Stoke up the fire and get one with nature and the peace inside yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment