Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Lit Bits-2/11/2015 Tribute to Joseph O'Herron

Aleathia says:

It is with great sadness that I heard of the passing of Joseph O'Herron, the father to my good friend Betsy, just this weekend.  I met him a few times.  We were not friends and I am sure he would not have known me from Adam, but there was something warming and nice about his presence.  My memory of him is watching him dance with his wife at the Irish Festival.  There was no one else in their little world as they moved around the dance floor.  I knew this is what love is.  This is what every girl dreams of is a man who can make her the shining star of his life.



Joseph leaves behind this lovely wife and seven children.  He was well loved by his family and by the community.  His passing leaves a hole that was once filled with a beautiful smile and gentle heart.  I feel deeply for my friend Betsy.  I know all too well the loss of a parent.  It is a long road ahead to close the gap.  It will come someday when you least expect it.



There Will Come Soft Rains
by Sara Teasdale

There will come soft rains and the smell of the ground,
And swallows circling with their shimmering sound;

And frogs in the pools singing at night,
And wild plum trees in tremulous white,

Robins will wear their feathery fire
Whistling their whims on a low fence-wire;

And not one will know of the war, not one
Will care at last when it is done.

Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree
If mankind perished utterly;

And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn,
Would scarcely know that we were gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment