Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Let's Go Somewhere-10/21/2014 Session's Woods

Aleathia says:

There are times in our lives when we go places that seem pretty benign.  Just another wooded path, just another waterfall, just another lake.  In general, most of us take life for granted and believe we will always have another opportunity to revisit these same benign places over and over again with the people of our choosing.

This is not always so people.

In 2008, Chloe and I went to Connecticut to visit my mother for a week.  It was filled with the usual hurry up and wait cycle that was my mother.  She was notorious for taking 2 hours to get ready to go somewhere and then what should be a 20 minute trip somewhere would turn into an all day project. It was chaotic waiting.

That year she took us both to a local walking area called Sessions Woods.  I had lived in Connecticut a long time, had traveled there many times as an adult and never remember going to this place.  It was beautiful.  It was a walk with my mother and my child.  Three generations of women getting back to nature.

Here are some photos from that precious time:










No comments:

Post a Comment