Sunday, October 5, 2014

OM-10/5/2014 Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Aleathia says:



October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  As a nurse this is important to me, but more so because I have lost a lot of great ladies to this disease.  In this day and age we are finding that early detection and radical eradication is allowing women to live long, wonderful lives.  This detection comes mainly from self breast exams and yearly mammograms.  Ladies....go and get your mammos.  They really don't hurt as bad as you think.  Having some lady manhandle your boobs is awkward, but worth knowing that you are cancer free.


I'm sending out a great big shout out to my ladies scattered out in the universe who are still looking out for those of us left here on earth.


I love you Memere




I love you Aunt Joyce



I love you Cousin Nicole




These were some wonderful and strong ladies.  They gave us all something to live up to.  They faded too fast for all of us, but what they left behind for us in our hearts keeps us going forward.  Love to all of my family who miss them everyday.  The last few years has been a tsunami.  I love you all.





No comments:

Post a Comment