Saturday, October 4, 2014

Quills and Frills-10/4/2014 Friends of the Library Sale

Aleathia says:

It is that time of year again when the library has its Friends of the Library Sale.  We bought a membership last sale so that we can get in on the first day.  Most of the books I am looking for are classics and old and I generally have a better chance of finding what I want then.  Michael also reads harder to find books in the science fiction genre so it is key to rack them up when we can.

This year I noticed swarms of book buyers with their stupid phone app scanning all the books to see if they want them or need them or would make money on them.  It really bothered me because they were consuming books like locusts.  I understand it is making the library money, but it takes away the adventure and the charm of the library sale.  It is like trying to buy a wedding dress at Filene's on sale.

Anyway, here is the family score for a cool $56:


Nigella Lawson
Ian  Fleming
Carol Shields
John Steinbeck
Margaret Atwood
Stephen King
Charles Bukowski (I know!!!!)
Russell Banks
Geraldine Brooks
Richard Russo
Murakami




Manga Drawing Book
Dragon Drawing Book
Dhammapada
William Golding
Dr. Who Books!!!
Iam Flemming
Destroyer Series



White Strips (for Chloe)
Pink Floyd
Fiona Apple
Diana Krall
Radiohead
The Beastie Boys



All in all a great first day clean up.  The sale goes on for a week and I am sure we will hit box day since we have decided to turn our full attic into a library.  There is now no end to the book buying possibilities.  Bwahahahhahaaha.



No comments:

Post a Comment