Thursday, July 24, 2014

Foodies-7/24/2014 Bacon Brussels Sprouts

Aleathia says:



I have wanted to try Brussels Sprouts with Bacon for years but have never ventured forth to do that.  I have been in a pretty food complacent place as well as everything else due to exhaustion from work and the lingering effects of grief.  So after a rousing conversation with Michael (a bit painful as well) I kicked myself in the ass and am getting back on track.

Tonight we are trying this despite my kid wrinkling her nose up at it.  I just told her she'll love it because everything tastes better with bacon!

In addition, I am making mother's famous cracker chicken but with gluten free crackers.  I have avoided it because I didn't want to face the disappointment that it will taste like crap.  Fuck it.  I'm going for it.  We only live once, right?

Enjoy your food.  It should make you smile and laugh.  It should bring your family closer together.  Eat dinner together every night.  It is a place for conversations that might not happen because food is a great buffer for fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment