Monday, July 7, 2014

Music Monday-7/7/2014 Joni Mitchell

Aleathia says:

Most of my life I have listened to what the adults played on their stereos and radios.  Their soundtrack formed the times of my life.  When I was younger my mother loved Fleetwood Mac, Bad Company, Traffic, and Peter, Paul, and Mary.  My father loved jazz and blues.  There was my own music too....mostly pop garbage and later hair metal.  The people around me have always influenced me musically.  They have always opened doors to sounds foreign to me.  I know that as a child I heard Joni Mitchell without knowing that it was her, but her voice is unmistakable.


When I was living in Seattle I remember sitting with a group of friends in their living room and Joni Mitchell's Blue was put on the record player.  From start to finish I was captivated.  Their isn't a song that needs fixing, a note out of place.  I know all the words to every song and it is probably the record I turn to the most in times of happiness, sadness, grief, and wonder.  This record has been my dearest friend for a long time.  I have since, in one form or another, collected nearly all of Joni Mitchell's work.  Each album gives me something special.

My favorite song on the album is "A Case of You":




No comments:

Post a Comment