Saturday, May 31, 2014

Quills & Frills - 5/31/2014

Aleathia says:

Well....here is where the Frills part comes in.  Frills can be anything entertainment related.  I won't profess to be very astute in my review of movies or any other art form.  I know what I like, but I don't always know why I like it.  I'm one of those girls that is big on feeling or being made to feel something.  The following is an opinion, nothing more.

Recently, Michael has been bringing more old movies home from the library and watching them on the computer while I spend my hours stitching. This week it has been Bogart and the myriad of ladies he has starred with.  The other day I saw he had Sabrina in the pile and got very excited.  I love Audrey Hepburn. There is something so elegant yet playful about her that has always drawn me to her.



When I was a young girl in high school I almost always watched old movies if I had the opportunity.  It isn't to say that I didn't see the current popular pictures of the time, but they always left me wanting something more.  I lived in a fantasy world filled with glamour girls and tried to learn the proper way to act from them since my mother was a bit of a wild child.  I loved the interaction between the actors in the old movies, the elegance, the classy scores, and above all the honesty and innocence of the performances.

My bedroom wall was plastered with black and white photographs of these Hollywood mavens.  I wanted to be like them.  I admired them and their skills.  So, while we were at the library this week getting more Bogart movies I found this book:


In this book there is every nominated film since 1927 through 2012.  It also has great photographs and stories about each awards night.  We plan on watching all the nominated films we can find and deciding if the winner deserved the golden statue.  It is going to be a great year of movie watching.


No comments:

Post a Comment